Request more info
ADL Health Portal
Patient results easily and securely shared between laboratory and clinic
Pre- and Post- counseling
We offer accredited in-house training sessions
Sending your NIPT samples is fast, easy and convenient.
A comprehensive test panel
The Prenatal NIPT PreCheckTM test is available as a clinical service at Advanced Diagnostic Laboratory, based in San Antonio, Texas. The PreCheck test is a prenatal screening test which is offered to pregnant women to estimate the risk that their fetus may be affected with:
• Trisomy 21 (Down’s syndrome)
• Trisomy 18 (Edwards’ syndrome)
• Trisomy 13 (Patau’s syndrome)
• All additional trisomies (optional)
• All monosomies (optional) 18 and 13
• Low re-draw rate
• Measures fetal fraction
• 45,X (Turner syndrome)
• 47,XXX (Trisomy X)
• 47,XXY (Klinefelter syndrome)
• 47,XYY (Jacob’s syndrome)
How Does the PreCheck™ Prenatal NIPT test works?
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
The PreCheck® test directly measures chormosomal DNA ratios in maternal plasma to calculate the risks of the fetus being affected with genetic conditions such as trisomy 21, 13 or 18. During pregnancy the placenta leaks cell-free DNA which circulates in the maternal bloodstream. As a result, a maternal plasma sample contains a mixture of placental and maternal cell free DNA fragments. The PreCheck® test employs Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies to count the number of fragments of each chromosome and then calculates a patient-specific risk of the pregnancy being affected by a condition. The PreCheck® test utilizes the Illumina platform called the NextSeq.
Why choose the PreCheck™ Prenatal NIPT?
The PreCheck™ simple send out process
A maternal blood sample is taken at or after 10 weeks gestation. ADL Health recommends a 10ml blood sample using a Streck cell free DNA BCT tube.
- The blood is stable in Streck cell-free DNA BCT CE tubes for up to 14 days, if stored and transported at 6 – 37°C. The plasma is then extracted on receipt at the analysis laboratory.
- ADL’s PreCheck test kit comes with all materials for a safe collection and delivery to the laboratory for analysis.